Engystol – All Upsides, No Downsides
If you’ve been suffering from any of the following:
- Seasonal allergies
- Colds and/or influenza (flu), or trying to avoid them (going on a trip, for instance)
- Sinus infections, chronic or acute
- General immune system deficiencies
- Herpes virus-related issues – shingles, post-herpetic neuralgia, cold sores, etc.
- Other viral infections
- Feverish conditions
There may be a remedy out there to help relieve your symptoms (without adding more side effects in the process!). It is called Engystol and is distributed by -Heel USA (manufactured in Germany). Its main action is on stimulating the non-specific immune defense systems.
In my practice, I utilize the FDA-approved injectable vials of Engystol for any and all of the above purposes. The tablets are good, but not nearly as strong as the injectables. Yes, it is a homeopathic preparation of two specific ingredients. Yes, there is scientific research on it. Yes, it kicks butt in the research in both in vitro and in vivo. People are often blown away by the results they get from something so simple.
The way I explain it to people is this. If it is going to help, it really helps and noticeable results will be felt within an hour or two. If it doesn’t help, there won’t be any negative side effects and we can look into something else! Over time, patients who regularly get Engystol injections often watch in amazement as their general immunity seems to get stronger (as in, they don’t get “sick” nearly as often).
Want a super-simple summary of what Engystol does? Here is a monograph. For those of you who like to see the research, keep reading. When possible, I link to the full study, otherwise I try to send you to PubMed.
Human Research (in vivo):
- Faster symptomatic improvement from common cold symptoms when compared with conventional therapies (antihistamines, antitussives, and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs). Schmiedel V, Klein P. A complex homeopathic preparation for the symptomatic treatment of upper respiratory infections associated with the common cold: An observational study. Explore (NY). 2006 Mar;2(2):109-14.
- Reducing or eliminating flu or feverish symptoms, both in combination with and without allopathic medications. Herzberger G, Weiser M: Homeopathic Treatment of Infections of Various Origins: A Prospective Study. Biomedical Therapy 1997, 14:123-127.
- Reduced frequency of upper respiratory tract infections (aka colds/flu) and decreased need for corticosteroid use in patients with asthma. Matusiewicz, R., The effect of a homeopathic preparation on the clinical condition of patients with corticoid-dependent bronchial asthma, translated from original publication in Biologische Medizin, 1995, 242-4.
Antiviral Activity and Immune System Modulation (in vitro)
- Engystol inhibited the replication of a variety of respiratory viruses. Roeska K, Seilheimer B. Antiviral activity of Engystol® and Gripp-Heel®: an in-vitro assessment. J Immune Based Ther Vaccines. 2010 Nov 16;8:6.
- Engystol stimulates the secretion of IFN-γ by T-lymphocytes by 24%. Enbergs, H., Effects of the homeopathic Preparation Engystol on Interferon-γ Production by Human T-Lymphocytes, Immunological Investigations, 35; 19-27, 2006.
- Engystol inhibits the viral proliferation of different viruses – including Herpes simplex virus (HSV-1) inhibited by almost 80%, adeno-5-virus (A5V) inhibited by almost 60% and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) by almost 40%. Oberbaum, M. et al, Antiviral Activity of Engystol: An In Vitro Analysis, The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 11, No 5, 855-862, 2005.
- Engystol stimulates the secretion of lymphokine(s). Fimiani V, et al. Immunomodulatory effect of the homoeopathic drug Engystol-N on some activities of isolated human leukocytes and in whole blood. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2000 Feb;22(1):103-15.
- Engystol increases the activity of granulocytes by 33%. Wagner, H. et al, Die Beeinflussung der Phagozytosefähigkeit von Granulozyten durch
homöopathische Arzneipräparate, Drug Research, 36 (II), 9, 1421-1425, 1986.
- Asthma case study, treated with Engystol to very favorable results: Case Report: The Use of Injectable Homeopathy for Asthma
- Heilmann A. An injectable combined medication (Engystol N) as a prevention against the flu [Ein injizierbares Kombinationspräparat (Engystol N) als Prophylaktikum des grippalen Infekts]. Biologische Medizin 1992;21:225-9.
If you are interested in exploring whether or not Engystol can help your situation, please feel free to contact us. The strongest form of Engystol is the injectable and is only available from licensed practitioners.
***Statements in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.